Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Cherie's Instant Karma!

  1. #1
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey, if anyone hasn't got Cherie's single with Tater Totz here is your chance to get it!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

    Cherie's version of John Lennon's 'Instant Karma' is so totally cool! //oo\\ I love it!

    tatertotz

    Good luck!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PartyGrrrlzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2005
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    WoW that's very KooL [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] Hee,Hee...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my GAWD, lookie, lookie our pals and gals. The [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] I hope you all brought some of that Bubbly, i sure could use a few [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] Tee, Hee...

    It's [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] time [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey you ALL...can you think of anything more cool than Cherie Currie doing a John Lennon song?!?! //oo\\

    Cherie! Are you a big Beatles/John Lennon fan?
    I'd love to hear you sing something like 'In My Life' or 'Gimme Some Truth' or some other equally cool Lennon song!
    I'd also love to hear your Tater Totz story!
    How did this cool collaboration come about?
    All i know is, I'm sure glad it did!

    Rock On Cherie!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #5
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OH OH OH i din't know about this!!!

    I absolutely love her covers of Strawberry Fields (sooooo beautifull and sexy) and Here Comes the Sun!

    Does anyone know where i can get this on cd???

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's also on cd.

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Wow! Thanks Jeff. I did not know that!
    Gonna be checking into that CD asap, if not sooner!

    Hi Alma! Cherie's Instant Karma was also included on a Tater Totz Lp called 'Mono Stereo' and was released in 1989.
    I still hope to find that Lp myself! The CD too now!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MONO STEREO is the cd title. It's outta print but check eBay or better yet, Half.Com. They always have sealed copies.

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Here's a mini bio I found, on Tater Totz! I know Cherie performed with Redd Kross once too so I guess one thing must have led to another or something!
    Tater Totz was a loose-knit band featuring the McDonald brothers from Redd Kross. Their two studio LPs are largely covers of 60s and 70s songs, ranging from Rock On by David Essex, to Let’s Get Together (originally performed by Hayley Mills in the film The Parent Trap), to Bat Macumba by Os Mu*****s. Their most audacious selection was a version of Yoko Ono’s Who Has Seen The Wind performed to the music of Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody. It’s a striking piece, and calls into question the place of art, artifice, and irony in pop music.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Alma, the CD is available right now on Amazon.com. I'm ordering it along with that LIVE Tater Totz CD!
    I did not know about that one either! Go figger!

    Here is the front cover. I'm looking for the back cover, which includes a different photo of Cherie!
    tt lp mono

    Oh Yoko! //oo\\
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #10
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I haven't found a photo of the back cover yet but I do have this photo of Cherie, from it, thanks to a helpful board member, a long time ago!
    tater totz lp photo

    I can't wait to get these CDs now.
    Thanks again Jeff!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic